Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17 Aug 2013

Valley of Rocks



...and I have been on a goat hunt.  Of course I took Dad along too, he needed me to protect him!



it didn't take me long to spot some...they're in the photo above...can you see them!  Don't worry I got mum to take pics of a group of them we came across


look - dad is pointing them out, just in case mum didn't spot them!










this encounter was at the Valley of Rocks, a place we visit sometimes - a valley surrounded by rocks - obviously you guessed that from the name








  no fencing to keep the goats contained, but each end of this valley there are cattle grids to stop them getting further away.





I think they were as amazed by me as I was by them!


till next time

*


 







12 comments:

  1. Great hike and it looks like a lovely place William. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place William! I love goats and have a secret wish for some but alas no room at the inn..... maybe one day? Think we may need to visit this Valley so I can get my 'goat fix'. Must say you're very brave with those goats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always go for mini goats, they don't take up as much room!! and you really do need to visit this place :)

      Delete
  3. You landscape around you is just lovely and all so different. Its just amazing to see. YIKES on the goats with horns.. I am thinking of what Carrots did to Annie.. jumping practically over me to ram her in the head. Scared me silly and she had no horns. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been scary, glad these goats stayed still!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d be VERY careful William! They look like they could give you one heck of a headache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what they thought of me, at least I don't have horns!

      Delete
  6. That is such a beautiful place, but do be careful William, their horns looks menacing !
    My Carol, she's human btw, was head butted by a goat once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, poor Carol, hope she wasn't hurt too much, they can be quite pushy, all that butting in they do! :)

      Delete
  7. It looks a lovely area. You look very brave facing the goats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A note from mum: Yes, he was brave but he is scared of cats! Go figure lol :)

      Delete

If by any chance you are short of time mum has added a Like button for you.