Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Dec 2012

Westward Ho!


Mum and Dad took me for a different walk yesterday.   Still to the seaside, but this time a very bracing walk over to Westward Ho!






In fact it was so windy you can see what happened to my lead...

reckon if I was lighter I would have taken off !!

at the bottom of this photo you can see all the foam that 
was being stirred up created by the waves




making our way along the seafront

past the closed up beach huts


mum did this photo looking across towards the Hotel over at Saunton Sands - aptly named The Saunton Sands Hotel!!
and then she couldn't resist using the zoom on her camera to close in on it...


We wandered on along the seafront a bit further...

it was nice to see that a lot of money seems to be being spent here in
modernising things - mum and dad thought
this looked pretty smart


on along the seafront a bit further



and I get to look over the sea wall

looking for friends
but nobody about....


and mum nearly freaked out when I jumped up ON 
the wall and she realised there was at least
a 20foot drop the other side!!
heehee....I like to scare her sometimes...



Talking of freaking her out
There is one house over here that mum really HATES

and in fact she can't even bring herself to take a photo of it
Mum calls it Psycho House

but you can see it on Street View here  
(In this view it actually looks a lot better than it really is....according to mum that is)


I REALLY ENJOYED THAT WALK
LOTS OF DIFFERENT SNIFFS

***






22 comments:

  1. Fabulous seascapes! Lots of good sniffs, I assume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great walk! I love windy days! (I took a look at the Psycho house; I don't think it's SO bad. I have more of an issue with the trailers. I guess I'm just a snob at heart, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum says: oh believe me Robin, Psycho House is awful!

      Delete
  3. Hi William - I am now crying because I am so homesick for Westward Ho! Anytime soon I hope to come and live there for always. Tell your Mum I am impressed with her zoom. Also, tell her I like that spooky house and have often dreamed of what it would be like to live in it. Apparently someome still actually does live in it. I bet its drafty. Love from Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lily, mum hopes that seeing the pics of Westward Ho! will let you see that everything is still as normal over there. (except for Psycho House!!! Yes somebody still lives there...yikes!).

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you loved the wind in your fur William but do be careful on that wall, looks very scary to me too.
    I think the Addams family might live in the psycho house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love the wind in my fur Eileen, and it was fun scarying mother with that wall! lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh, that looks like it was a great walk William! You really shouldn't scare your Moms by jumpin' on the wall likes that! Moms are really sensitive abouts stuff like that. (my Ma doesn't let me have any funs like that either! pfft!)
    Don't tells your Moms, butt I don't think that Psyco house looks that bad!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me Ruby, mum is right about that house!

      Delete
  6. Hey Willliam,
    You are sooooooo brave to jump onto that wall! Just don't do it again please. It looked very cold outside. Will Santa bring you a warm coat?
    Psycho House is a mansion compared to the new place across the street from us. Argh.
    Have a cozy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Marilyn, I won't jump on that wall again - mum will make sure of that!
      I have a warm coat for the winter, mum just needs to find it!

      Delete
  7. Dear William, I like scaring my humans by leaping off walls too. I hurt my back and neck and couldn't walk AT ALL for a few days. So you better be careful. The beach and huts are so pretty. The name is the best! The Typist had a look at your link and just saw the roof of a big place. Is that it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Georgia, that doesn't sound good, you must have hurt yourself really bad. Hope you fully recovered okay. Tell the Typist to pan out when the link has connected to the picture in street view, but sounds like you did see the top of this particular house - the link should show the whole house though.

      Delete
  8. Oh no! Not a psycho house! Scary. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. :) I can see it was quite windy William. It made for a lot of waves in your fur too. Beautiful seascapes your Mom took, by the way. Stunning in fact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum says the house is in so much need of repair, pulling it down would do it a favour! Glad you like the pics.

      Delete
  9. Those pictures are really cute!!
    Oh and drop by, I've got something for you:)
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many THANKS Cotton for giving me an Award on your blog. I'm glad you enjoy seeing my videos (which reminds me, I must get mum and dad to do some more of them)heehee.

      Delete
  10. It sure was windy! Looks like a lovely bracing walk, shame you didn't meet any friends. Psycho house IS creepy. Did you see the car hidden in the undergrowth?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum says she is glad you agree about psycho house. Yes, we have seen the car hidden in the undergrowth, it's been there for years and years plus there's a boat as well!

      Delete
  11. The sea really looked cold and a bit forbidding--I think it may have been a good idea to stay on the other side of the wall! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I think mum will make sure of that one Kim!

      Delete

If by any chance you are short of time mum has added a Like button for you.