Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 Sep 2011

The deep dark wood

I took my humans for a walk the other day.....to Arlington Court and into the deep dark wood



where I stopped to have a refreshing drink from a stream





although I couldn't quite understand why this old tree was fenced off....
but mum took a photo of it anyway and also a notice that explained
 something about it





and mum got very excited about all the different shades of green!




and I took Dad into the bird hide again....(you may recall I did that at the end of August)
but anyway I wanted to take another look

where I had heard a lot of quacking going on.....and saw some ducks!!
Wow, who needs a bird hide to see them -
 it seems to keep the humans happy though - no, not my humans, but some other humans who came along
complete with binoculars and settled down to watch out for rare and unusual birds.....
although
we saw them later getting into their car, so I guess the rare and unusual birds were somewhere else that day


but on the other hand we did spy this rare and unusual bird
eating a snake





and talking of eating, we then went home for tea.






6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, William! It's nice to see another part of your surroundings. What a spooky forest! And that is a very old tree! I love the bird eating the snake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing shades of green! Pretty walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, William! The estate looks beautiful! And thanks for the eco lesson about veteran trees! Very informative and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How kind of you William, to take your humans out. I am sure they benefitted from the fresh air and beautiful surroundings you took them to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk. I love the photo of you sneaking a peek in the hide!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to visit and enjoy and what a great guide you are!! :-) I love that the tree that had died is still a 'living tree! When we have trees or branches that fall we put them into our woods to make shelter for some of the smaller animals.

    ReplyDelete

If by any chance you are short of time mum has added a Like button for you.